- To establish a centralized organization comprised of elected representatives of Tamil associations in North America and of individuals living in North America who have contributed to the objectives of the Federation and who join as Life Members.
- To cultivate, promote, foster, and develop the advancement of knowledge in Tamil language, literature and culture.
- To cultivate, promote, and foster the exchange of ideas and understanding between the Tamil people and other cultures.
- To promote better understanding and foster friendship among various Tamil associations in North America and to encourage the formation of new Tamil Sangams.
- To act upon charitable causes directly concerning the welfare of Tamil community living throughout the world.